Offline Logger 0.4

Finally it’s released, version 0.4

* Added support for imperial unitsystem
* Possible to convert to KML format
* Valid GPX format
* Minor tweaks to UI
* Added bearing & altitude to dashboard
* Slightly remade the settings screen
* Added 1 second interval as option
* Database driven history for better performance (optionally to index old log-files)
* Lots of tweaks which you’ll never notice.

Your old logs are NOT deleted, they just don’t show up in the history until you’ve indexed them!

Please be aware of that indexing is only required once (or until you uninstall and reinstall the application), and might take _very_ long time (several minutes or even hours if you have lots of large log-files and have a slow phone) since it will go through all previous stored logs and do calculations on them, so put the phone in the charger and let it work until it’s finished.

1. #1 by Jon Reynolds on September 14, 2011 - 10:43 am

Hi,

Just trying out offline logger, it is perfect for my needs.

One issue (I think) I set the interval to 1 second, but looking at the resulting GPX file, it seems to have only logged points every 1 minute.

Do you know what is going on here? 1 minute is too coarse for me.

Thanks for the great app!

2. #2 by Erik Karlsson on September 16, 2011 - 8:00 pm

Hi Jon, please send me an e-mail with some more information, like which phone+model you are using and which version of Offline Logger.

android@nonobtrusive.com

Thanks.

3. #3 by Dominique on January 30, 2012 - 1:06 pm

Hi, offline logger works great and does just what I need, thanks. Is there a way to edit the autosaved .gpx file name and set it to overwrite the current file each time a new log is started. I am using it to run live location tracking, the mapping software reads the file I pass it (i.e. myLocation.gpx) so I am trying to find a way for offline logger to create a file with a custom name rather than its current date/time.

Many Thanks
    Dom

4. #4 by Erik Karlsson on January 30, 2012 - 1:18 pm

I’m afraid that’s not possible right now. There however have been such requests from other users as well, to be able to change save location and filenames so this will be implemented in the future.

5. #5 by jasonvargas on July 19, 2015 - 5:52 am

Just trying out offline logger, it is perfect for my needs.

Do you know what is going on here? 1 minute is too coarse for me.
    kcroyalsedge.com
    Thanks for the great app!

6. #6 by jasonvargas on July 27, 2015 - 11:12 am