Offline Logger 0.4.1 patch

I got an error-report where someone got a force close when trying to index old files, so the 0.4.1 patch adresses the issue where it could cause a crash / force close.

Also enabled the “Index logfiles” button to the menu to always be visible (earlier it was only visible on certain conditions) if someone had problems to index the old files, you could always go and index them again. It will only re-index files that have failed earlier and does not exist in the database.

1. #1 by MissingFrame on September 22, 2010 - 10:51 pm

Bug: If the logger is running and I multitask (answer a message in ChompSMS for instance), bringing the logger to foreground again only shows “START” button and no “STOP” button, but pressing START complains the logger is already running. The only way to exit at this point is to use a task killer.

2. #2 by Erik Karlsson on September 23, 2010 - 9:41 am

Thanks for your report, I’ll look into this.

3. #3 by CS Chua on September 29, 2010 - 3:38 am

Does this app log gps coordinates in a breadcrumb mode by either time or distance interval with an additional benefit of auto-off when not moving and back on trigger by the accelerometer when on the move again?
    I presently use a Holux 241m and download logs to a computer for post geotag processing with good success. However would like to do what it can do on an Android phone. Your app offline gps logging seem to be exactly what I am looking for however the screenshots on appbrain.com does not indicate any evidence of time and distance interval logging. I am looking for the setup options. Could you post more screen shots?
    Thanks in advance.

4. #4 by Erik Karlsson on September 29, 2010 - 8:12 am

@CS Chua: The Offline Logger does not utilize the accelerometer or distance at the moment to auto-stop/start on movement, it might however be implemented in the future.

Offline Logger log coordinates only by a given time-intervals which you can select via the menu button on the android phone in the application. There are different selectable intervals from 1sec, 5sec, … up to minutes.

When using a long interval, the gps will disconnect in between to save battery.

The application is free on market so feel free to download and try it out. Just search for “Offline Logger”

Best regards / Erik

5. #6 by Jan on January 5, 2011 - 2:44 pm

Thanks, looks like a nice app.

By the way, is there an easy way to specify where the tracks will be saved to? I’d like to visualize these e.g. in osmand (which will look only into it’s own “Tracks” directory), and while I could copy them around, it would be much easier if they would just appear magically in the right place.. (I had a quick trawl through the settings but couldn’t find anything)

regards
    jan

6. #7 by Erik Karlsson on January 5, 2011 - 3:24 pm

@Jan, Thanks for your feedback on Offline Logger.

Right now there is a fixed location of where the logfiles are stored, which is /nonobtrusive/ on your sd-card which is not possible to configure on a user basis.

I will write down your suggestion for future improvements/patches.

Best regards
    Erik

7. #8 by Dan on January 16, 2011 - 6:38 pm

where i can find me it,
    thanks for the log 🙂

8. #9 by Erik Karlsson on January 20, 2011 - 1:18 pm

@Dan: The latest version of Offline Logger is on Android Market.

9. #10 by Simon on March 4, 2011 - 6:34 pm

Awesome app! Thanks!

I use it to create tracks for OpenStreetmap.
    An issue I have is that it is currently cumbersome to export all GPX logs in a single go. It would be able to have an option to export all GPX logs onto the SD card.

10. #11 by Simon on March 5, 2011 - 1:14 pm

and I found the .gpx files in /sdcard/nonobtrusive/ 😉

11. #12 by Juan on April 17, 2011 - 3:05 pm

If you need someone to translate it to Spanish, I’m your man.

Good job, very good and simple software.

12. #13 by Heine on June 24, 2011 - 11:06 pm

It seems that the logger saves two files, when stop is pressed! is this correct or is it a bug?

The best logger on market, keep up the good work.

13. #14 by Erik Karlsson on June 24, 2011 - 11:21 pm

@Heine This is a bug which several other users also has contacted me about. I’ll try and fix this as soon as I have time.

Thanks for your feedback and usage of Offline logger!

14. #15 by John Lazar on July 29, 2011 - 1:33 pm

I have tried offline logger on Samsung Galaxy S2 and had 2 issues:

– the tray icon doesn’t dissapear once the tracking is stoped. I was expecting the application to shut down itself or to have an Exit button
    – the gpx and kml files generated can’t be imported by google maps. Have tried a couple of times. Can provide the ones I used if you want.

If you need more information, please ask. Also I am a developer myself so can provide any form of technical information you require.

15. #16 by Erik Karlsson on July 31, 2011 - 7:53 pm

John Lazar :

I have tried offline logger on Samsung Galaxy S2 and had 2 issues:

@John Lazar:

Thanks for your feedback.

Please send me your gpx and kml files (android@nonobtrusive.com) for a starter and I’ll have a look at them. Thanks

16. #17 by Peter on November 4, 2011 - 11:59 am

Thanks for you program!

Some remarks:
    -program doesnt check of existance gpx-files on sdcard (if I deleted it manually before- difficult to manage great number)
    -no ability to delete all or delete selected for the gpx-files
    -with gpx-files once indexed, this ability dissapears from menu, unless new records have been made

-autostart doesnt work (LG P500 phone)
    -sometimes no restart happens, when receiving conditions changes (good-no_sats-good)

-share last position only works in active logging mode, so this menu item should be grayed in stop mode

Good Luck – #1 program

17. #18 by Erik Karlsson on November 6, 2011 - 9:32 pm

@Peter: Thanks for your feedback. I’ll have your comments/bugreports in my mind for the next patch. There is alot to do and fix since I’ve recently taken up the development of this project again.

18. #19 by Heine on November 13, 2011 - 6:54 pm

Hi Erik. After your latest update 0.5.1 my phone has started to reboot and the first time after update when it gave an error on time out of the program. (Motorola Defy)

19. #20 by Triple-C™ (Ciamis Cyber Community) on May 26, 2013 - 2:47 am

I used to be suggested this blog by my cousin. I’m not positive whether this post is written by way of him as nobody else understand such distinct approximately my problem. You’re wonderful! Thanks!

20. #21 by free Tv for on January 30, 2014 - 3:11 am

I just saw something about this on television.
    It discussed the same things you wrote about.
    I go to college in Canada and we just learned about this
    in the classroom. Thank you for helping me with the last little bit of my report.

Thanks for the outline of tv stuff.
    I totally think that cable tv is going to go away. Or at a minimum have to change with the times.

Internet television is definitely the wave of the future.
    As broadband speeds get quicker, everyone will be watching their tv shows on sites like this.

What does anyone know about this? I don’t think there’s a lot more to the concept
    I was just watching this on TV this week. They discussed the same things you wrote about.

21. #22 by Jason on January 31, 2014 - 4:00 am

Peanuts

22. #23 by youtu.be on April 29, 2014 - 5:03 am

Below are the five essential factors you have to think about in choosing:
    Initial thing is initial, just how a lot are really you willing to pay for your vacation
    overseas? If you find yourself devoloping a holiday,
    among the most important considerations is probably the budget.
    This excellent door to door provider is very convenient and also low risk,
    especially for those that have concerns and/or do not speak any Spanish.
    The Marina Bay Sands Conference Centre offers general public spaces
    for rent, that is suited to trade shows, banquet features,
    and actually training events and also seminars.

23. #24 by aideneomnqd.Wordpress.com on June 13, 2014 - 5:14 am

I disagreed, as I had the hoarse voice and the sore neck to prove that I enjoyed the whole show.

The lakes were and still are plentiful with a number of
    kinds of fish. They should have enough skill and knows how to use
    Adwords Google Management.

24. #25 by Mad Skills Motocross 2 cheat tool on June 26, 2014 - 2:26 am

I am sure this paragraph has touched all the internet visitors, its
    really really nice piece of writing on building up new weblog.

25. #26 by trials frontier Cheats on June 26, 2014 - 8:48 am

Hello, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog site in Opera, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer,
    it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!

Other then that, very good blog!

26. #27 by Family Guy The Quest For Stuff Hack on July 10, 2014 - 2:17 am

This isn’t so because of the pure romantic aspect of your relationship but because it shows a sloppiness or a willingness to accept low
    standards. The weird thing is, I generally don’t ask for pictures with
    celebrities I have no personal connection to. Subscription websites are most
    trustworthy in terms of virus safety.

27. #28 by Virgie on June 9, 2015 - 8:46 pm

I understand with exactly how bad the elements is outside now I
    am not receiving established on any tasks along these lines, any
    time soon.