Samsung Captivate & HTC EVO 4G issues

Some users have reported issues using with Captivate and EVO 4G devices. I have not confirmed a fix for those devices yet, but am working on it.

, ,

1. #1 by Malte on April 19, 2011 - 10:26 am

I tried the offline logger on my T-Mobile G1 with a CyanogenMod based Rom. For some reason the app stays on, when I stop logging and try to exit it using the “back” button. I did not find a specific exit button. The only way to end the application is to reboot the phone.

I am pretty sure this is not intended behaviour (staying in memory and draining battery while neither logging nor asking to be logged). So I just wanted to make a bug report for my obscure (CyanogenMod based Rom) phone. And suggest an explicit exit button within the app that kills it. I have plenty other apps that lack such a button and I don’t like that at all, but so far they manage to quit fine, when I exit them.

2. #2 by Erik Karlsson on April 19, 2011 - 10:46 am

Hi and thanks for your feedback. I’ll add an explicit exit button with the next patch. The development has been kind of idle the last couple of months but I’ll start adding some features requested by users very soon.

Best regards
    Erik

3. #3 by Erik Karlsson on April 21, 2011 - 12:09 am

@Malte: Actually the application kill its own process when using the back-button and the gps-service (not logging) is offline. However this seems to not work on your phone, I’ll add the exit button to the menu in the upcoming patch. Probably released this weekend with some other fixes as well.

4. #4 by Joki on June 13, 2011 - 1:17 pm

Hello Erik, I have a question regarding gpx files being created each time. Somehow there are 2 new gpx files being created each time I use the application. The first one is always shorter by few bytes. Is there any reason for this? Thankx in advance for your answer. Joki

5. #5 by Erik Karlsson on June 13, 2011 - 1:40 pm

@Joki, no I’m afraid that’s a bug. Another user emailed me a few days ago about the same issue. I will look into it when I have time. The last created file (highest number on the end) should be the one you want to use.

6. #6 by Alyce on August 8, 2014 - 1:21 am

Thankfulness to my father who stated to me regarding this
    web site, this blog is actually awesome.

7. #7 by jumbo display digital clock on June 25, 2015 - 4:59 pm

go here for the greatest auto set clocks around

8. #8 by 18650 Rechargable Battery on July 11, 2015 - 2:12 am

get the top top led flashlight anywhere

9. #9 by jasonvargas on July 19, 2015 - 5:50 am